Tuesday 10 October 2017

Me and My Muse


Me :  Where were you? I have been waiting for you for so long!
Muse : How many times have I told you not to wait?
Me : I don’t wait for anyone, except you.
Muse : Why?
Me :  Why?! Maybe because I am stupid. Maybe because I am foolish and I have lost my mind.  There! Happy?
Muse : Well, then don’t be so.
Me : At times we really cannot choose what we want to be. We are as we are.
Muse : Yes but try not to be.
Me : Teach me.
Muse : You have to create your own distractions.
Me : Distractions? Oh they abound! And then do you know what happens? Amidst those distractions the thoughts keep creeping up ... The thoughts of the very person because of whom I created those distractions.
Muse : Exactly! It is just a thought then. Not something you should wait for.
Me : You know what? You are like the moon to me. I am in awe of your brilliance, I cherish your beauty and your soothing presence inspires the poetess within me. I know there are many others like me who bask in your moonlight but that is hardly of any cognizance to me. It is when you wane away ... when I don’t see you that I feel lost. Suddenly I am left with paper and pen but my words all vanish. Till I see you again. And then the thoughts start blooming again. They give fragrance to my words.  All that I ask of you is your presence. Because without you my poetry, my words, my thoughts all dry up. The moon can never love back all those who love it. So I ask of you not for your love but for your presence, for your moonlight. And so, for your presence, I wait. 


“It’s ok if you don’t understand me. I wouldn’t even try if I were you. Please just be with me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment