Saturday 30 December 2017

Why so?


Why can’t people just stay? Why do they have to leave? One by one, losing people from my life. If I put my finger on someone and wish for them to stay with me forever, destiny deliberately removes them from my life. Situations in life, marriage, career and worst of all death. An excuse is sought and they are made to leave. Standing on a firm ground with them and when they walk away the ground around turns into quicksand. A quicksand of depression. Can’t move ahead and remain stuck. Till a person comes, holds the hand and leads out of that place. But then, eventually that person too leaves. And you are left again in the same situation. I now no longer wish to hold anyone’s hand anymore as I know the one who holds mine today, will leave it tomorrow. 
Why does it happen that people go away from our lives? Why do they even come into our lives if they have to leave? Why is their company temporary? Why does every effort to make them stay drive them even further away? 
Why is my life just a temporary shelter and not someone’s home to stay forever?

1 comment: